About Melex Electrovehicles
Established in 1995, originally as Columbia Cars, in the Western Cape Melex Golf Cars (PTY) Ltd have been supporting the golfing fraternity, agricultural sector, game farms/resorts and hospitality industry offering reliable support and service on all makes of golf cars and light electric utility vehicles.
Electro-car SA (Pty) Ltd was recently incorporated with Melex to enable a complete offering of quality light electric vehicles to a broad spectrum of Industry and consumer. Melex now offers solutions for:
Golf and Leisure, Estates, Agriculture, Hospitality, Industrial, Impaired Mobility, Campus and Security, and Eco-friendly commuting.
Originally the first golf car seen in South Africa was a Melex to service both the golf industry as well as factories with a reputation for their long range and sturdy steel chassis, and further developed to be used on farms and in the hospitality industry as a cost effective and low maintenance utility transport replacing quad bikes and petrol driven shuttles.
Today our quality ranges of electrovehicles we offer continue in this tradition of reliability and value for money incorporating the latest designs and technology. As part of our customer service offering we are able to provide custom built options according to the industry and specific customer application needs.
Our range of Services offered:
SALES: Our broad range of Melex electrovehicles
PRE-SALES and AFTERSALES: Application consulting and environment review, customised options, vehicle control profiling
SERVICE & REPAIR: We service ALL makes of golf cars, carts and electric vehicles.
HIRE: We have a range of golf cars/carts/buggies for hire.
WARRANTY and SPARE PARTS: We have the best prices on spares for all makes of golf car and carry a full range of spares for our product ranges.
Achieving a Carbon Neutral Solution
Whilst the introduction of the Electric Vehicle will reduce the operating costs of farm/resort vehicles it does not completely eliminate the carbon emissions generated by the production of electricity. Serious consideration must be given to cost effective solar power generation (up to now not successful) in sufficient quantity to supplement the power requirements for the farm or resort - achieving a carbon neutral solution!!!
Read Article [113kb PDF]
New AC Drive System leads the way in golf car energy efficiency
Features and benefits include:
- AC Drive: The AC drive train uses an alternating current motor, not the traditional direct current motor, generating more power and longer operating time between battery charges.
- The AC drive system along with our High Frequency Charger is up to 39 percent more efficient than direct-current golf cars with the older Smart Charger, and its 48-volt technology enables up to a 10 percent improvement in daily range.
- Environmentally friendly and improved operation: The AC powered models requires less energy to charge and operate, reducing the vehicle’s “carbon footprint”
- Reduced Maintenance: The AC Motor is a “brushless” design which helps to significantly reduce motor maintenance requirements, runs cooler and has a longer life expectancy of 20% or more.
New SCE study results show significant increase in energy savings
(AUGUSTA, GA) – A recent independent analysis by utility Southern California Edison (SCE) demonstrated that the E-Z-GO electric golf car fitted with an AC Drive system and high-frequency QE charger is as much as 39 percent more energy efficient than traditional DC-powered golf cars. According to SCE’s results, energy efficiency improved by 31 percent to 39 percent with the AC powered electric model. The AC system also enabled the vehicle to maintain higher performance than it’s DC-powered equivalent as batteries lose energy over the course of a round.
“The new AC system has certainly changed how people look at a golf car,” said John Zimmers, superintendent at Oakmont Country Club in Oakmont, Penn. “They really thought this out. It’s an amenity, and a game-changer in how people are going to look at a golf-car fleet.”
- melex Golf Carts, melex, golf cart, electric golf cart, electric vehicle, electro vehicles, resort Shuttle, hospitality Cart, eco friendly transport, cape town